P90X Review

OMG!  That's all I can say, that was one intense workout.  I hurt all over and I don't want to think about what I will feel like tomorrow!  It was so good though, I mean really, really good!  I can see how this workout pushes your body to the extreme.  I did most of the workout but took breaks during some of the reps which is ok per the program because you need to work your way towards being able to do 30 - 50 reps.  I kept it at a solid 30 for most of them although I will have to admit that there were some that I couldn't even do at all but he said as long as you try that counts so try I did!

What was really cool about this workout was that they showed you different levels of the exercise at the same time.  So there were 3 people on the video, one was like a "begginer" one was "intermediate" and one was "advanced".  This was a good way to show different ways to do the same exercise without hurting yourself and working with your fitness level.

Now being a fluffy person some of the streaches were hard and there was a lot of up and down exercises but I pushed through it and it really wasn't that bad, just do what you can as Tony says (he's the instructor and the developer of this program) today was the core work out tomorrow will be cardio.

The basis of his program is what Tony calls muscle confusion, so what that means is if you do the same workout tape or routine every day your muscles get used to the work out hence they don't work so hard and you lose the benefit of the workout so Tony has developed this 7 day a week program so that your muscles never do the same things.  Hence you never have the chance to get used to the workout, just as you start to become comfortable he changes the routine.

Is this a kick butt workout?  Hell YES!  Is it hard?  Oh god YES!  Will it benefit me?  Only time will tell, it's hard and they are 1 hour workouts so there has to be a real dedication to it in order to get it to work, if your mind and heart aren't into it there will be no benefit as you will not be working as hard as you need to see the results you want.

I think this will really help me tone up and it has a lot of promise for me, even though I am fluffy I used to be a dancer and my muscles take longer to get a workout then someone who has never done a sport or a consistant work out.  I needed something that got my body to a level that I was burning the max amout of calories and I think this might be it, again only time will tell.

Remember please to ALWAYS check with your Dr. before changing your workout routine or diet,  as I have mentioned before this is so important to your overall health and performance!  Your Dr. is your best guide to a better you!  Don't try to go from 0 - 100 in a week you will fail and feel miserable and possibly hurt yourself in the process.

Slow and steady wins the race!  Remember we didn't get heavy in a day or a week so why do we think we should lose it that fast!?!?!?!?!  You can't don't set yourself up to fail, set yourself up to be a success!  I know you can!!  I know I can!!  And together we can do it!!


Valinda

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top I can do it!. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.