A Womans Role

I am not going to speak all about diets and calories, I would like to speak instead of somethings that have been on my mind lately. There are many hats that I have to wear though out a typical day, mother, wife, manager, employee, janitor, taxi, dr., lawyer you name it I promise you that at some point in my day I have been it.

As a woman I am consistently torn between what is good for my family, what is good for my marriage, what is good for my career and what is good for my life. It is not easy for woman in society, we are expected to do more, be more. I have not all of a sudden turned into a woman's lib. activist but I do speak from experience when I say that woman in society are asked to do so much, in so little time.

I will share a personal story and hope that it portrays what I am trying to say:

I have made an appointment to get my tubes tied, I have 2 beautiful children I am 33 years old and I believe my family is complete. It took me 2 years to be able to make the appointment I was so emotional about permanently making it so that I couldn't have children. Not that I wanted more, but the idea of NOT being able to have them made me so sad.

I had to re-evaluate why I was making this decision, was it because I didn't want more children? or was it because I couldn't afford to have more children, or was it that I was afraid in this economy to try to take maternity leave? Was I making this decision because I thought I was too old to have more? These are all the thoughts that consistently bounced around in my head every time I thought I was ready to make this decision, so I would delay it.

Now why on earth would any of that matter???? If I want to have another child and my husband does why do I care what society thinks? It'd because that's how we were taught as woman, put everyone ahead of yourself, do for others first, we are not as important, run the household, raise the children, cook the meals, it sounds like we have gone back into the stone age but I believe that it is in our genetic make-up to be this way.

We handle stress better, make better decisions under pressure, we can juggle 5 things at once, remember birthday's, anniversary's when the bills are due.

We also have to be concerned with the way we look. Hair beautiful, make up on be thin, be happy we are always told what to do.

I didn't really have a point to this post but I wanted to get these thoughts out from my own sanity.

I'll tell you one thing this chick is DONE being told what to do!!

Hugs,

Valinda

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top I can do it!. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.